Cape Peninsula University of Technology Nature Conservation
National Diploma Nature Conservation
Cape Peninsula University of Technology Nature Conservation, At the Conservation and Marine Sciences department we produce graduates who are not only able to find employment but who are able to live fruitful and fulfilled lives in ways that contribute to the development of a productive and innovative conservation society.
We aim to provide students with the skills to succeed in a rapidly-changing nature conservation environment where innovation is key.
On completion of a Diploma in Nature Conservation you will be able to:
- manage biodiversity
- be a conservator
- interact with communities for biodiversity conservation
- conduct basic research and monitoring for biodiversity conservation
Some careers you can follow with a National Diploma in Nature Conservation:
- Management of natural resources/ protected areas
- Alien species control
- Environmental policy compliance
- Environmental education
- Field guiding
Why study Nature Conservation at CPUT?
- Long and excellent track record of producing graduates in nature conservation
- Experience, highly qualified and committed staff
- Well-structured work integrated learning
- Course subjects are practical
- Opportunity to study towards postgraduate qualifications
- Affordable tuition fees.
Course Information and Fees
ND: (National Diploma)
For all Certificate and National Diploma applications, consult the General admission requirements.
General admission requirements
Some courses require students to submit additional information as part of their application.
Additional admission requirements
For all Bachelors, Honours, Masters and Doctorate applications, consult the Postgraduate admission requirements.
Postgraduate admission requirements
The fees for 2016 reflected below may be subject to change.
Please confirm the final fee amount by contacting the relevant Faculty Office or contact person as listed at the bottom of this page.