- Science, Mathematics and Technology Education
- Humanities Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Education Management and Policy Studies
- a BEdHons degree/BEd (Postgraduate); or
- an applicable honours degree and a teacher’s diploma; and
- have achieved an average of at least 60% in the honours or related examination.
- grant a graduate of another university (either in South Africa or elsewhere) a status at the University that is equivalent to the status the student has at such other university;
- admit a person who has passed examinations at another university or institution (either in South Africa or elsewhere) which Senate deems equivalent to or higher than the examinations prescribed for a degree at the University which are set as a prerequisite for admission to a particular postgraduate study programme or for the admission of such a person as a research student;
- admit a person who in another manner has reached a standard of competence Senate considers adequate for the purposes of postgraduate study or research at the University as a student for a postgraduate degree or certificate.
- meeting the minimum academic requirements required for admission;
- previous academic performance;
- applicable academic and/or teaching background;
- availability of supervision for the required research project;
- proven academic potential which may include academic communication and computer application skills;
- additionally, an interview may be requested;
- the requirements of professional registration bodies;
- the discretion of the head of department.
General Enquiries: +27 (0)12 420 4670 or Vida Moses, +27 (0)12 420 4216 email@example.com
Undergraduate: Thandi Mngomezulu +27 (0)12 420 5615 firstname.lastname@example.org or Hannie de Weerd +27 (0)12 420 5644 email@example.com
Postgraduate: Bronwynne Swarts +27 (0)12420 5679 firstname.lastname@example.org or Pulane Tau +27 (0)12 420 2725 email@example.com,
Distance Education: Rita Venter +27 (0)12420 5589 firstname.lastname@example.org or Lorinda Theart +27 (0)12 420 4426 email@example.com