University Of South Africa Florida Campus
University Of South Africa Florida Campus is an Open Distance Learning university which means that students study at their own homes and not on campus. There are no lectures to attend with other students or lecturers.
Students have to be self-motivated to study and complete assignments on time.
Tutorials are invariably e-tutorials which use “myUNISA” video conferencing, email or Skype.
Some modules have compulsory e-tutorials.
The new Johannesburg Science campus was formally known as the Florida campus and is now sporting a new Science hub.
The university has invested a vast amount of resources to expand and augment science research with top class laboratories. This will mean more highly qualified researchers and scientist.
The design has incorporated energy saving and is classed as a “green campus”
University Of South Africa Florida Campus Colleges
- Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
- Science Engineering and Technology.
University Of South Africa Florida Campus Community engagement
( Agriculture and Environmental Silences)
- Lensai Eco school project
- Mothong African Heritage Trust project in Mamelodi
- Diepsloot Community Engagement Project
- Community Asset Mapping (Camp for Change) Program
- Unearthing a Sustainable Future
- Mandlethu School Project
University Of South Africa Florida Campus Research
(College of Science Engineering and Technology Flagship Projects )
- Open distance learning (ODL) Research
- Ecotoxicology Research
- Fuel Cell & Nanotechnology
- Water Research
- Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D)