Table of Contents
Cape Peninsula University of Technology Jewellery Design
Course Information and Fees
JEWELLERY DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE
ND: (National Diploma)
- To draw on historical studies which heighten design awareness
- To develop skills to communicate design intention
- To develop technical skills to manufacture jewellery from preparation of metals through to final finishing
- To instil good workshop practice
- To develop applied drawing and illustration techniques
- Work as a goldsmith
- Design and create original models for jewellery manufacturers for mass production
- Manage the workshop of a jewellery manufacturer
- Become a jewellery designer in a jewellery studio
- Become a salesperson or manager in the jewellery retail industry
- Design or manufacture theatre or costume jewellery
- Become a buyer for large jewellery chain stores
- Evaluate jewellery items
- Repair jewellery items
- Manage a design boutique/studio
- Start a jewellery design and manufacture business
For all Certificate and National Diploma applications, consult the General admission requirements.
General admission requirements
Some courses require students to submit additional information as part of their application.
Additional admission requirements
For all Bachelors, Honours, Masters and Doctorate applications, consult the Postgraduate admission requirements.
Postgraduate admission requirements
The fees for 2016 reflected below may be subject to change.
Please confirm the final fee amount by contacting the relevant Faculty Office or contact person as listed at the bottom of this page.