Table of Contents
Stenden University South Africa Application 2024/2025
Please read the following information carefully before starting the application procedure. Should you have any questions, we are happy to help you!
EU/EER Applicants: 15 August
Non-EU Applicants: 31 May
EU/EER Applicants: 17 January
Non-EU Applicants: 31 October
Please note: The visa process for Bangladeshi, Nepalese or Pakistani nationals takes three months which extends the total length of the application procedure to five months. Consequently, the application deadlines for these students differ from the regular deadline:
- September intake deadline: 31 March
- February intake deadline: 31 August
The following videos summarize the different steps in the application procedure for EU/EER nationals and Non-EU nationals to help you get started with your application. Before starting with the application procedure make sure to read the details of each step as listed below.
Ready to apply?
Follow the steps as mentioned below and your application will soon be on its way. The International Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Stenden will guide you through the process and make sure your application is processed as soon as possible.
Step 1 – Check the admission requirements
Will you hold the required diploma and will you satisfy the other requirements for the study programme of your choice before the start date? Will you be required to take an entrance examination or attend an admission interview as part of the application process? Be sure to check the information about your preferred course so that you are well-informed about what lies ahead.
Step 2 – Register on Studielink
You can apply through Studielink, the application and enrolment portal provided by the Netherlands Ministry of Education. Complete the following steps:
- Go to Studielink.
- Login to your account or create an account if you currently do not have one. You will have access to your own personal Studielink page.
- Click on ‘Add previous education’ (if you haven’t already done that) and add the previous education that provides admission to the study programme that you wish to follow.
- Click on ‘Add new enrolment’ or ‘Enrolment application’.
- Select your preferred course and confirm your choice.
- Enter the starting month in which you would like to start your programme.
- Next, confirm your starting date.
- Answer the study programme-specific questions.
- Tick the confirmation box and confirm your application.
- Enter your payment details for payment of the tuition fees, and confirm again. If you prefer, you can enter this information at a later date, provided you do so before enrolment.
- You can track the status of your application on your personal Studielink page
Once Stenden has received your application, you will receive a message from Studielink confirming the following information:
- The Stenden course(s) for which you have applied
- The admission interview or selection process
- Any other information you may be required to provide
Step 3 – Submit application documents (within 2 weeks)
Submit application documents via the Online Portal
A few days after you submit your application, you will receive an email request from the International Office to submit your application documents via an Online Portal.
In this email you will find the log in data for the online portal and a list of documents to be submitted:
- Copies of your passport.
- Secondary school diploma or graduation statement (see below).
- Certificate of English-language proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL) if applicable.
If you have not graduated yet, you may submit a graduation statement (PDF) instead. Please fill in the document and have your university sign and stamp it. Then, upload a copy or scan of this document to the iGo portal.
Admission requirements check
Once we have received all the required documents from you, we will verify that you meet all the admission requirements. We will notify you if we find that you still need to take an English-language proficiency test or send any additional documents.
You can trace the application status via the Online Portal.
Letter of Offer
Once you have sent us all the documents required and we have established that you satisfy all the admission requirements, we will send you a formal letter of admission conforming that you have been accepted as a student at our institution. Along with this admission letter, you will receive practical information about accommodation and tuition fees.
Step 4 – Finalize your application
Payment (EU students)
If you are from a EU/EER Member State:
- Check that your bank is able to process international (SEPA) payments.
- Go to your personal Studielink page and follow the instructions provided.
- Have you set up a direct debit mandate and confirmed your payment details? Congratulations! Your enrolment is now complete and you are all set to start your course.
Payment and student visa (non-EU students)
If you are from a non-EU Member State, you must transfer the course fees to Stenden; you should have received an invoice for this purpose.
Once we have received your payment and have verified that you meet the visa requirements, we will apply for a student visa on your behalf. After approximately four weeks, you will receive a notification that you can collect your visa from the Netherlands Embassy or Consulate in your country. For additional information about applying for a student visa, please visit the website of the Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education (Nuffic).
Proof of sufficient financial means (non-EU students)
As a student from outside the European Union, you are obliged to provide Stenden with proof that you will be able to finance your stay in the Netherlands. You may do so in one of the following two ways:
- A money transfer of € 10.750 to Stenden’s bank account, which will be refunded upon your arrival after you have opened a Dutch bank account.
- Proof of a scholarship amounting to at least € 10.750.
Get help applying
Stenden maintains a network of education agents around the globe. They offer a range of services to help you with your application process. You are free to choose whether you use the services of a Stenden agent or to apply directly to Stenden yourself.
Please note that they may charge you for their services. The costs depend on the services offered, and differ by country. Should you wish help applying, please contact the representative or agent of your choice for more information.
Information about your course
When does my course start? Where do I need to report? What books do I need? You will find answers to all these questions in the course information you will receive two months before study start.
But before it’s time to get stuck into the books, you can look forward to Stenden’s annual fresher’s week, known as the StudyStartWeek!